Here's my list of candidates I'm endorsing for ALA Councilor at Large. Please consider supporting these highly qualified people.
- Patricia Hogan (Experienced Councilor and fellow-Illinoisan; a welcoming presence when I was new to Council and valued Council colleague)
- Heidi Dolamore (Young,Sassy and ambitious/Blogger)
- Samantha Schmehl Hines (Young/Sassy/LISNews pal)
- Michael Golrick (Much experience; Awesome mentor; Amazing ability to sort and synthesize information and make it understandable to the easily befuddled; Looks good in a bow tie)
- Aaron Dobbs (thoughtful techie)
- Virginia (Ginny) B. Moore (She's an ALA elder, a real treasure, who blew me away with an awesome speech about the bad old days when segregation was an issue)
- Gail Schlachter (very sharp, experienced Councilor, and another person who has made me feel particularly welcomed on Council)
- MA (Peg) Oettinger (lots of experience on ALA and Council, and a great Boston (?) accent).
- Donald Roalkvam (experienced Councilor and Trustee extraordinaire. I have tremendous respect for trustees who do more than show up at monthly meetings)
- Dennis LeLoup (experienced Councilor and school librarian)
- Bob Diaz (experienced Councilor and REFORMA member)
- Sally Decker Smith (Illinois)
- David Easterbrook (Illinois)
There are others I voted for, based on what I know of their work or from their statement of professional concerns, but the folks listed above are my top choices. Chances are, I've missed someone and will add names as I remember. If you're running or have friends/colleagues are running and want to make your pitch for them, please do!